Burning Slowly

A random tale of a random poet living a random life. (Many of the pictures are mine but my apologies to the owners of the ones that I have blatantly ripped off. If you are really unhappy about me using your images, email me and I will remove them. If not, thanks for the loan. Outcast Poet)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oxford, United Kingdom

I write real poems, and play real music.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Shallow Is The Night


I lost a few days celebrating Tricky's birthday. Ferret and Teen turned up and many others. Liver now cleaning up.

My friend didn't like my new philosphy that I had spouted as we ate satay prawns in a Chinese in Witney last night. She said it sounded shallow. I guess that what it is; sometimes Deep is just no fun!

I dropped her home and was heading off to play Harp with Johnny Blues at the Half moon when I got a text from another ex-girlfriend: "Are you going to Bro's wedding 2morrow?"

Shit! I thought it was on Saturday not Wednesday! I called the Moon to cancel and headed back to the boat. Calliope was in the car park and he talked me into going to the Rock for a beer. Like, that was difficult! Gollum and Buffy were there for the free Tuesday night pool. Buffy had already drank more that a is good for any self respecting vampire slayer and was slumped in a chair mouthing off about "young vampires today..." or something along those lines. Gollum was poised over the pool table, as useual, trying to pot a red in the side without going in-off. I took him on and lost, but only by one close game, and decided it was time for my bed.

Dreams came on strong that night. A big house surrounded me with a dry ice smoke carpet covering floor at about seat height to a large red velvet settee. I wandered around the rooms for what seemed like a very long time, but knew no one there. The smoke got quicker and a loud 'quack, quack, quack, quack....' repeated endlessly. A door opened at the front of the house, cold water started gushing in, and the dream vanished. The noise continued. I rolled over and realised I was awake and a mallard, outside the bedroom window on the boat, had caught site of the first rays of a new morning sun and was letting the world know about his find. It was five AM. Oposite the boat, the large field with its fresh shoots of whatever crop has been planted there looked like a the landscape of the Veldt under a firey African sky. I went back to bed and re-grouped.


Darkness, darkness

Darkness rose upon me
I looked back towards the place
Where the line I had long since crossed
Was no longer visible
Returning was not an option
I was doomed to roam the darkside
Until the end of my days

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home